Thursday 27 September 2012

Eastlake Unlocked!

It's finally out there!

A while ago I posted a sneak peek at a commission I was working on, well here it is! It's a little zine/booklet designed to promote and guide people at the Plymouth city museum exhibition about sir Charles Eastlake, I was commissioned by a group of students called the young explainers to produce the cover illustrations. I'm very happy with how it turned out and most people seem to think it looks like him so I'd say it does it job!

This was a nice brief for me because it gave me the ability to push my skills of portraiture, this is one of my weaker abilities so any chance I get to improve it is great. I also really enjoyed working in a Victorian influenced style, it's something I will definitely be revisiting!

Oh and if anyone is around in Plymouth I would check the museum out, it's pretty good, and this zine free so go grab one!

No comments:

Post a Comment