Monday 10 September 2012

Climbing Mountains





Its been a while since I've posted anything on here, so this is what I've been doing with myself for most of the time. This was a commission for a primary school, they wanted me to produce posters to visualise the progression the school kids made in each subject. So I decided to use mountains cos I thought that its a little bit more engaging and interesting compared with the usual target board or medals that were used before. The idea is that the kids each have a flag, which they colour themselves and put their name on, and this flag moves up the mountain along the footsteps to reach each flag-post, which represents each level of progression, the little climbers are just there to make it look better and help the pupils to visual it better. 

This brief was quite enjoyable, it was nice to do something a bit more light hearted after the revelation stuff, it was also nice to have complete control over what I produced. Overall the school was very happy with the final artwork, which means I must be doing something right!  Oh yeah and I now know how to make an invoice, things are starting to feel very professional!  

No comments:

Post a Comment